Certificate in Accountancy
Certificate in Accountancy (30 credits)
- ACCO 310 Intermediate Accounting I
- ACCO 320 Intermediate Accounting II
- ACCO 330 Cost and Management Accounting
- ACCO 340 Income Taxation in Canada
- ACCO 420 Advanced Financial Accounting
- ACCO 450 Financial Auditing
Applicants should have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.70 and have completed the following pre-requisite courses:
MATH 208 (Linear algebra), MATH 209 (Calculus I), ECON 201 (Microeconomics), ECON 203 (Macroeconomics), DESC 200 (a computer literacy course), COMM 217 or ACCO 230 (Financial Accounting) and COMM 305 or ACCO 240 (Managerial Accounting). In addition, a minimum B- average is required in the two math courses. For applicants who have completed ACCO 230, a minimum grade of C or better is required.
Applicants who have completed some or all of the pre-requisite courses, including Financial Accounting and Managerial Accounting, at an institution other than Concordia must submit course descriptions/outlines at the time of their application in order for exemptions to be considered.
- A maximum of 12 credits earned in an incomplete degree or certificate program or as an Independent Student may be transferred into this Certificate.
- Students who have no practical work experience in a business environment and have not taken any business courses in the past may have difficulty with the higher level courses.