Project Financial Risk
|Customized Programs||Duration: 2 days|
OverviewThis seminar encourages you to think critically about issues in corporate financial management. To understand corporate financial management and its applications, a conceptual framework is the best investment of your precious time. This framework will help you to contextualize your past experiences in financial decision-making and help build a basis for deeper understanding.
- Understand terminology and basic concepts underlying some of the most important corporate financial decisions that you may be involved in.
- Grasp the conceptual framework behind foundation topics including valuation techniques, investment, and financing and risk management decisions.
- Problem-solve and improve your analytical skills in constructing rational approaches that address fairly complex financial management issues.
- Apply and evaluate financial information.
- Increase your confidence to participate in financial decision-making.
Content1. Investment Decisions and Techniques
- Key Financial Decisions
- Capital Budgeting Techniques
- Cash Flow Components
- Framework with short problem-solving exercises
- How the marketplaces prices risky assets
- Examine Capital Asset Pricing Model
- Discount rate (or Cost of Capital)
- Alternatives measures when risk & return parameters change
- The power of leverage
- Optimal capital structure framework
Arshad Ahmad is an associate professor in the JMSB Finance Department. He has authored two textbooks, as well as other teaching materials, including case studies, video series, CD-ROMs, and numerous online pedagogical resources. Dr. Ahmad has been invited to lead seminars and workshops at universities and colleges across Canada. He has also worked extensively as a trainer, consultant and seminar leader in both the public and private sectors in the US, Germany, France, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovenia, Serbia, Trinidad and Tobago, China, and Pakistan.