The Finance Co-op program was introduced in 1999. Thanks to strong student demand and the large number of employers interested in hiring our students, it is the fastest growing co-op in the faculty. The program’s primary objective is to provide students with the opportunity to apply what they have learned in the classroom to real-world situations, to observe the practices of a specific industry and of an individual organization, and to work with financial experts. The Co-op Program also allows our school to build relationships with local businesses.
Finance Co-op Career Opportunities
- Financial Support Representative
- Market Analysis
- Research Financial Analyst
- Research Associate
- Taxpayer Service Agent
Recent Finance Co-op employers include
- Caisse Populaire Desjardins
- Canada Revenue Agency
- GE Canada
- Industrial Alliance
- National Bank
- Pratt & Whitney Canada
- Standard Life Corporation
The Finance Co-op Advantage
- Gives students a chance to put their academic knowledge into real-world practice
- Gives industrial exposure beyond textbook knowledge..
- Develops students’ character and attitude for the workplace.
- Refines students’ skills and abilities to cope under pressure
- Builds students’ professional awareness and competitiveness.
- Strengthens students’ personal commitment levels.
- Contributes to an impressive CV upon graduation, with work experience to back up their portfolios and academic achievements for prospective employers.
- Offers free professional development courses to enhance soft skills for marketability.
- Enables students upon graduation to be efficient in handling tasks, willingness to learn; ability to carry out tasks well; diligent; disciplines, and with good attitude.
Finance ProgramsAre you interested in completing a major or minor in Finance? Learn more...
For more information about the Finance Co-op ProgramAdministrative assistant, JMSB Co-op programs
Phone: 514-848-2424 ext. 4117
Academic Director - Finance
Phone: 514-848-2424 ext. 2919
Institute for Co-operative Education
Alex Bottausci, Coordinator
Phone: 514-848-2424 ext. 3953