|PhD anticipated 2013
MS (Econometrics), Jilin University, China
BBA, Jilin University, China
|Haiping (MS and BBA) is a PhD candidate in Accounting at the John Molson School of Business. She received her bachelor’s degree in Business Administration in 2005 and her master’s degree in Econometrics in 2007. Her research interests are in the areas of financial disclosure, corporate governance and international accounting studies. She was ad hoc referee of Contemporary Accounting Research. She has presented her research at conferences like CERG Conference.
- Financial disclosure
- Corporate governance
- International accounting
DissertationFair value accounting and capital market consequences
- Wang, Haiping. 2011. Institutional Ownership and Real Earnings Management. Concordia University, Montreal.
- Wang, Haiping. 2011. Does fair value have debt contracting value? Concordia University, Montreal.
Conference & Seminar Presentations
- Wang, Haiping.( 2011). Institutional Ownership and Real Earnings Management. CERG Conference, Montreal.
TeachingConcordia University, Montréal, Canada
- COMM217, Financial Accounting (2010–2012)
Selected Honours & Awards
- Best Paper Award, CERG Conference, Montreal, May 2011.
Scholarships & Funding
- CASA Research Funding, May 2011.
- Concordia University International Tuition Fee Remission Award, 2007-2010.
- Dominic D'Alessandro Fellowship, 2007-2010
- John Molson School of Business Fellowship, 2007-2010
- Ad hoc referee of Contemporary Accounting Research, 2010