|PhD anticipated 2012
MBA Management, Arab Academy for Science and Technology, Egypt
Bachelor of Economics, University of Aleppo, Syria
|Abdulrahman Chikhouni (MBA) is a Lecturer in Strategic Management and a PhD candidate at the John Molson School of Business. His research interests are in the areas of inter-organizational networks and the applications of institutional theory. He presented in many international conferences such as the academy of Management, the Academy of International Business and the ASAC. His industry experience spans over six years of the dairy industry.
- Inter-organizational networks
- Institutional profile
- MNEs from emerging countires
DissertationThe thesis aspires to answer the following research questions: What are the factors that shape interorganizational network structures? Does the structure of interorganizational networks differ between countries? If so, why? To answer these questions, this research conducts a systematic analysis of the structural difference of interorganizational networks across different countries.
- Chikhouni, Abdulrahman & Farashahi, Mehdi. ASAC (2011) Montreal, Canada The Relationship Between Governance Structure of a Firm and its Joint Venture Strategy.
Conference & Seminar Presentations
- Chikhouni, Abdulrahman, Edwards, Gwyneth & Farashahi, Mehdi. (2011). East to West: The Implication of Institutional Distance for MNEs from Emerging Countries (EM MNEs). Academy of Management, San Antonio, USA.
- Chikhouni, Abdulrahman, Edwards Gwyneth, & Mehdi, Farashahi. (2010). Institutional Duality and Emerging Country MNEs. Academy of International Business , Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Chikhouni, Abdulrahman. (2009). Optimal Interfirm Network Structures: Managing Embeddedness. Administrative Science Association of Canada , Niagara Falls, Canada.
- Chikhouni, Abdulrahman (2009) Interorganizational Collectivism. Academy of Management 2009, Chicago, USA.
- Chikhouni, Abdulrahman (2008) The direct effects of indirect ties: the impact of professional’s ties on strategic alliances. Administrative Science Association of Canada, Halifax, Canada.
- Chikhouni, Abdulrahman (2008) Inter-firm networks: needs or fashion. Administrative Science Association of Canada, Halifax, Canada.
TeachingConcordia University, Montréal, Canada
- Part-time Lecturer–Strategy and competition (2007–2011)
- Graduate Research Assistant (2007–2011)
- Conference coordinator, the annual practitioner-academic conference of the Montreal Local Global Research Group.
- Marketing and sales managers, Almanara Dairy, Egypt (2000-2006)