|PhD anticipated 2012
MBA, University of Michigan, USA
B.Sc., American University in Cairo, Egypt
|Amr Addas is an Adjunct Professor of Finance with the Goodman Institute of Investment Management and the JMSB, as well as a PhD Candidate in finance at the JMSB, and an instructor at McGill University’s School of Continuing Studies. He is also the manager of the Formula Growth Trading Room at the JMSB and a Research Associate with the David O’Brien Centre for Sustainable Enterprise (DOCSE). Amr is a member of the Core Faculty for the Sustainable Investment Professional Certificate (SIPC) program recently launched by DOCSE. Amr obtained his MBA from the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor in 1995 and his BSc in Mechanical Engineering from the American University in Cairo in 1991. In March 2010, Amr became a regular active member of the CFA Institute and he is a Level III Candidate in June 2012.
- Analysis of SRI mutual funds
- ESG and Sustainable Finance
- Performance and exits of venture capital funds
DissertationAnalysis of Sustainable and Responsible Investment (SRI) Funds. The proliferation of such funds in recent years raises the question of how successful they are in adhering to their investment objectives. Using data on the environmental impacts of global companies, an index of SRI mutual funds is constructed to investigate whether environmental and social factors systematically impact funds’ performance and to what extent, if any, SRI funds deviate from their declared investment mandates.
- Addas, Amr and Kryzanowski, Lawrence. 2011. The Determinants of SRI Fund Flows. Concordia University, Montreal.
- Addas, Amr and Kryzanowski, Lawrence. 2011. How SRI are SRI Funds? Concordia University, Montreal.
- Addas, Amr and Berger, Stephanie. 2011. Actions Speak Louder Than Words. Concordia University, Montreal.
Concordia University, Montréal, Canada
- Adjunct Professor–Goodman Institute of Investment management (2008–Present)
- Adjunct Professor–Finance (2005–Present)
- Research Associate, David O’Brien Centre for Sustainable Enterprise (2010–Present)
- Lecturer–Corporate Finance, Financial Markets & Institutions, School of Continuing Studies (2008-Present)
Selected Honours & Awards
- Merit Teaching Award for Outstanding Teaching from McGill University, 2009.
Scholarships & Funding
- David O’Brien Centre for Sustainable Enterprise Research Grant, 2011
- Desjardins Centre for Innovation in Business Finance research Grant, 2009
- Sustainable Investment Professional Certificate (SIPC) Core Faculty Member, (2011).
- Manager, Finance Trading Lab, (2008-Present)
- Analyzed Concordia financial statements as consultant to Concordia University Faculty Association (CUFA), 2007
- Book Reviewer for Nelson Education, (2011)
- Thesis Advisor for Undergraduate Honours Students, (2011)
- Organize and help deliver the Financial Industry Modelling Seminar (FIMS), (2011)
- Discussant, FMA and EFA (2007,2011)
- Associate Analyst, Dr. bakr Ibrahim Consulting Group, (2000-2002)
- Co-founder & PADI Instructor, SEASCAPES DIVING & SAFARI (1998-2000)
- Financial & Treasury Manager, Brello Manufacturing Company (1995-2000)
- Industrial Engineer, Brello Manufacturing Company (1991-1992)
- Ventilation Systems Designer, Contact Inc (1992-1993)