Angus Yonghen Yao
|PhD anticipated 2011
MBA Management, Concordia University, Canada
BA, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
|Angus, Yongheng Yao is a PhD candidate (Organizational Behavior) at the John Molson School of Business. His research interests are in the areas of job stress, pay satisfaction and person-environment fit.
- Job Stress (Two dimensional stressors)
- Pay level satisfaction
- Person-Environnent fit
- Difference scores
- CEO compensation
DissertationThe relationship between challenge and hindrance stressors and individual outcomes: A study of individual differences. Proposal defense has finished.
- Yao, Y. H. & Jamal, M. 2009. Understanding when challenge stressors lead to negative performance and hindrance ones do not. Proceeding at Eastern Academy Management Association Conference 2009
- Yao, Y. H., Jamal, M. & Appelbaum, S. 2008. Towards a second generation of P-E fit research in organizational stress. Proceeding at Southern Management Association Conference 2008
- Yao, Y. H. & Appelbaum, S. 2009. CEO compensation as a process and a product of negotiation. Corporate Governance: The International Journal of Business in Society. 9(3): 298-312
- Yao, Y. H. The relationship between challenge and hindrance stressors and individual outcomes: A study of individual differences. Concordia University, Montreal
- Yao, Y. H. A Dual Predictor Model of Pay Level Satisfaction. 2010-present
- Yao, Y. H. Problems Associated with Difference Scores are essentially Conceptual: A Middle Range Solution. 2007-present
Conference & Seminar Presentations
- Yao, Y. H. 2010. Towards a dynamic perspective of person-environment fit in organizational science. Presented at Western Academy of Management Conference 2010. Best PhD student paper nominee.
- Yao, Y. H. 2010. Subjective job demand is not isomorphic with job demand. Presented at Western Academy of Management Conference 2010.
- Yao, Y. H. & Magnan, M. 2009. Where is the Theory for CEO Compensation? Making Sense of Recent Empirical-based Conclusions about CEO Pay. Presented at Academy of Management Conference 2009.
- Yao, Y. H. 2008. Honor thy difference scores. Paper presented at Academy of Management Conference 2008.
- Yao, Y. H., Jamal, M. & Appelbaum, S. 2008. On the three-dimensional fit in organizational stress. Paper presented at Academy of Management Conference 2008.
- Yao, Y. H., Appelbaum, S., Molz, R., & Magnan, M. 2007. CEO compensation: An organizational behavior perspective. Paper presented in Academy of Management Conference 2007.
TeachingConcordia University, Montréal, Canada
- Lecturer–Organizational Behaviour and Theory (2010–2011)
Scholarships & Funding
- CASA General Research Grants
- A new millennium student contribution scholarship
- Reviewer for Academy of Management Conferences, 2008-2010.
- Regional Component Engineer, Supply Chain Management Division, Celestica, Toronto, 2000-2002.
- Manager of the Manufacturing Technology Department, Hitachi, China, 1994-1999.