|PhD anticipated 2012
MSc in Systems Science, University of Ottawa, Canada
BE & BSM, Shijiazhuang University of Economics, China
|Shikui Wu (MSc, BE&BSM) is a PhD candidate at the John Molson School of Business. Shikui also teaches Management Information Systems and Database Management at the department of Decision Sciences & MIS. His research interests are in the areas of e-business/e-markets, in particular, e-negotiations and online auctions. He published in Journal of Strategic Information Systems and the proceedings of Hawaii International Conference on Systems Sciences, Americas Conference on Information Systems and Group Decision and Negotiation. Shikui also, wrote a book based on his Master thesis and applied a patent on reverse auctions in US. His industry experience spans over five years of system development and project management in China and Canada.
- Online auctions
- Sourcing strategies
- Market design
- Research methodology
DissertationThree Essays in studying the role of negotiation and auctions in e-procurement: (1) Participants' motivations and objectives of using negotiation and auctions; (2) Empirical comparison of multi-attribute reverse auctions: The effects of information transparency and task complexity, and (3) Experimental comparison of multi-attribute exchange mechanisms in e-procurement.
- Kersten, G.E., Wu, S. and Oertel, C. (2011). "Extrinsic or Intrinsic Motivation of E-negotiation Experiments’ Participants". Proceedings from HICSS2011. Hawaii, USA.
- Pontrandolfo. P., Wu, S., Moramarco. R. and Kersten, G.E. (2010). "Auctions and Negotiations in Transportation Service Procurement". Proceedings from GDN2010. Delft, Netherlands.
- Kersten, G.E., Wu, S. and Wachowicz, T. (2010). "Why Do Students Negotiate? The Impact of Objectives on Behaviour, Process, Outcomes". Proceedings from GDN2010. Delft, Netherlands.
- Kersten, G.E. and Wu, S. (2010). "Negotiator’s Profile and Its Impact on Concession-making ". Proceedings from GDN2010. Delft, Netherlands.
- Karimi, F., Wu, S., Rivard, S. and Goyette, S. (2008). "Revising the IT Outsourcing Decision Model: A Transaction Cost Perspective". Proceedings from AMCIS2008. Toronto, Canada.
- Wu, S. and Kersten, G.E. (2008). "A Structuration View of E-negotiation System Use". Proceedings from GDN2008. Coimbra, Portugal.
- Wu, S., Kersten, G. E. and Benyoucef, M. (2006). "INSS – A New Approach in Designing Web-Based Negotiation Support Systems". Proceedings from MCETECH2006. Montreal, Canada.
- Karimi F.A., Rivard, S., Wu, S. and Goyette, S. (2011). "An Assessment of the Use of Transaction Cost Theory in Information Technology Outsourcing". Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 20 (2): 125-138.
- Kersten, G.E. and Wu, S. (2011). "A Multi-Attribute Auctioning Method and Algorithm". Provisional application for patent.
- Wu, S. (2009). "Design and Implementation of Electronic Negotiation Systems: An Illustration of A Database-Driven Approach". ISBN: 978-3-639-18539-3. VDM Verlag.
- Kersten, G.E., Wu, S. and Szapiro, T. "A Procedure for Multiattribute Reverse Auctions with two Strategic Parameters". (Submitted to Decision Sciences Journal
- Wu, S., Kersten, G.E. and Yu, B. "Satisfaction of E-negotiation System Users". INR03/09.
- Wu, S. and Yu, B. "Examination of E-market Participants' Satisfaction". INR03/09.
- Wu, S., Kersten, G.E. and Beaudry, A. "What Objectives Do We Use in Negotiations? Lessons from E-negotiation Experiments".
- Wu, S. and Kersten, G.E. "Empirical Comparison of Multi-Attribute Reverse Auctions: The Effects of Feedback Information and Task Complexity".
Conference & Seminar Presentations
- Wu, S. and Vahidov, R. (2010). "The Effect of User Perceptions of System Features on ENS Assessment". GDN2010. Delft, Netherlands.
- Wachowicz, T. and Wu, S. (2010). "Negotiators’ Strategies and Their Concessions". GDN2010. Delft, Netherlands.
- Wu, S., Kersten, G.E. and Yu, B. (2009). "Satisfaction of E-negotiation System Users". GDN2009. Toronto, Canada.
- Wu, S. and Yu, B. (2009). "Examination of E-market Participants' Satisfaction". ASAC2009. Niagara Falls, Canada.
- Yu, B., Kersten, G.E. and Wu, S. (2008). "Multi-attribute Auctions and Negotiations in Service Procurement: An Experimental Comparison". GDN2008. Coimbra, Portugal
- Wu, S. and Karimi, F. (2008). "The Construction of Actual E-Negotiation Protocols: A Preliminary Study". ASAC2008. Halifax, Canada.
- Wu, S. and Karimi, F. (2007). "The Effects of Users’ Characteristics on ENS Success". GDN2007. Montreal, Canada.
TeachingConcordia University, Montréal, Canada
- Part-time Lecturer–Database Management (2010–2011)
- Teaching Assistant– Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of E-Business (2009–2011)
- Lecturer–Management Information Systems, E-commerce and E-business (2000–2002)
- Assistant–Management Information Systems, Operations Research, Systems Engineering (1997-2000)
Selected Honours & Awards
- The Award of the Excellence Scholarship of Systems Science Program, University of Ottawa (2003)
- The Honour of the Outstanding Graduate, Shijiazhuang University of Economics (1998)
Scholarships & Funding
- Norada Inc. Fellowship in Commerce and Administration, Concordia University (2009–2010)
- Bourses d'etudes Hydro Quebec de l'Universite Concordia, Concordia University (2008–2010)
- The Concordia University Graduate Fellowships, Concordia University (2008–2009)
- The Humberto Santos Doctoral Fellowship, Concordia University (2007–2008)
- Manuscript Review, The Group Decision and Negotiation Journal (2007–2011)
- Manuscript Review, The Academy of Management Annual Meeting (AOM) (2006–2011)
- Manuscript Review, The Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS) (2010)
- Manuscript Review, The Administrative Sciences Association of Canada (ASAC) Conference (2009)
- Manuscript Review, The Group Decision and Negotiation (GDN) Conference (2007)
- Graduate Research Assistant, InterNeg Research Centre, Concordia University (2006–2011)
- Manager Assistant, FedaNet Computers Co., Ottawa, Canada (2005–2006)
- Graduate Research Assistant, University of Ottawa (2003–2005)
- Project Manager, Beijing Qinyuanchun S&T Development Co., Ltd., Beijing, China (2000–2002)
- Software Engineer, Hebei Godsend High-Tech Co., Ltd., Shijiazhuang, China (1998–2000)