||PhD anticipated 2013
MBA, 2005, Graduate School of Management and Economics, Sharif University of Technology, Iran
BS, Industrial Management, 2003 , Faculty of Management, University of Tehran, Irana
|Isar Kiani is a PhD Candidate in Marketing at John Molson School of Business. Prior to pursuing a PhD degree, she has worked as a computer programmer at Consumer Contact in Canada and Marketing Manager at Fara Management Organization in Iran. Isar has completed her undergraduate studies in 2003 at University of Tehran, majoring in Industrial Management. She also earned her MBA in 2005 from Sharif University of Technology. Her research is mostly focused in the area of consumer perception and decision making. She is also interested in social and asocial learning in individuals and groups. Isar is a member of Association for Consumer Research.|
- Consumer cognition and decision making
- Social influence and consumer choice
- Consumer perception in the online environment
- Patterns of information diffusion through social network relationships
- Neurological perspectives on consumer decision making
- Kiani, Isar (2011) “A Neural Perspective on the Role of Affective States on Individuals’ Selection of Healthy or Unhealthy Foods”, Proceedings of the 54th Annual Administrative Science Association of Canada (ASAC) Conference: 2011, Montreal
- Latifi, Fariba, Isar Kiani and Fatemeh Aliakbari (2011) “The Impact of E-Service Quality on E-Commerce: Evidence From Iranian Electronic Businesses”, Proceedings of the 17th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS) 2011, Detroit, USA
- Ekonomakis, Nectarios, Michel Laroche, and Isar Kiani, “Effect of Multichannel Marketing on Consumers’ Subsequent Search Behaviour”, revise and resubmit (second round) to Journal of Advertising Research.
Conference & Seminar Presentations
- Kiani, Isar (2010) “The impact of dimensions of color usability on trust in web retailers”, presented at the 8th International Marketing Conference, Athens, Greece, July 2010.
- Kiani, Isar (2010) “Neural perspective on preference for healthy foods”, Honourable Mention Award , 2nd JMSB Doctoral Research Exposition, Montreal, Quebec
TeachingAl-Zahra University, Faculty of Management, Tehran, Iran
- Course Instructor, e-Marketing, 2006-2007
- Teaching Assistant, Marketing, Managing People, Marketing Strategy, 2004-2006
Scholarships & Funding
- TD Financial Group Fellowship, 2010-11
- JMSB Doctoral Fellowship, 2008
- Consumer Contact, Toronto, ON
Computer programmer from 2008 to 2009, did computer coding to create interfaces for collection of data from customers of major Canadian financial services corporations such as TD Canada Trust. Resolved issues arising in multiple international geographical locations that related to the use of data collection software.
- Fara Management Organization/Bekhan.com, Tehran, Iran
Marketing Manager from 2004 to 2007, oversaw all marketing operations and designed and managed strategies for marketing and advertising for Fara (a management consulting firm) and Bekhan.com (Iran’s first online bookstore), Managed all the day to day operations and finances of the marketing department with 5 personnel, served as a lecturer for Marketing seminars held by Fara Management Organization, served as graphical designer in the design department from 2003 to 2004
- Investment Banking Group (IBG), Tehran, Iran
Market financial analyst in 2005, served as a consultant for market financial analysis, conducted assessments of financial markets and collected information on Initial Public Offering (IPO) of Iranian companies and forecasting the trend of their market value
- Negaraneh Design Group, Tehran, Iran
Managing Director from 2000 to 2003; established, managed and work as one of the designers of one of Iran’s first website design companies, designing websites of some of Iran’s most notable organizations such as IRISL and NAJA.