1. How can I book an appointment with a career advisor?Advising appointments can be booked with an Undergraduate or Graduate Career Advisor once you are fully registered with the Career Management Services (CMS) and have attended a Resume/Cover Letter and Job Search Strategy Clinic. Advising appointments are in high demand, so if you are unable to attend a scheduled appointment, please call CMS at (514) 848-2424 ext. 4245 and let the receptionist know one working day in advance so that your time slot can be reallocated to another student.
3. Do you provide help finding a job outside Montreal?Yes, the Career Advisors at CMS can help guide students aspiring to relocate to another province or even work abroad. In addition, our Going Global Career Guide, offered as an extension to our website, is a massive research tool containing more than 80,000 resources for finding international employment at home and abroad. Each guide has been developed by a local career specialist and is updated annually. To log in, go to our Career Management Services Portal, enter your Concordia student ID and last name and then proceed by clicking on the Going Global link located on the top right corner of the CMS Portal.
4. What are your hours of operation?Our standard hours of operation are from 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
5. Is it necessary to register for events or clinics?Yes, due to the high demand of students attending events and clinics, registration is necessary to secure your seat and must be done online via our Career Management Services Students landing page. Registration instructions can be found on the top right. If you are unable to attend the clinic or an event please make sure to cancel via the Registration for Clinics and Workshops tab or Events tab on the right on the Career Management Services Students landing page at least 24 hours in advance.
6. What does this service cost me?There is no cost associated with using our services. CMS services are included in your student fees.
7. Do you offer services to JMSB Alumni?Yes, at CMS we believe in building lifelong relationships with our alumni. As such, we offer the ability to access our job posting site (either to search or to post a job), attend our networking events, stay in touch via our LinkedIn group as well as utilize our on-line career material and advising services. For more information on JMSB Alumni, click here.
8. What are the basic services that you offer?Basic services include (but are not limited to) Career Advising, Career Planning Tools, Career Development Clinics/Workshops, Employer Career/ Networking Events, and a Career Resource Library. For a complete list and description of the services offered at CMS, click here.
9. Do you have an internship program?We do not have an established internship program like the Institute for Cooperative Education; however, throughout the year, several employers post internship opportunities for eager and motivated JMSB students. The CMS advisors are always available to give you tips on conducting an effective and proactive internship search.
We do have a new JMSB Sustainable Internship Program for those who would like to gain work experience within the domain of sustainability. More information can be found here.
10. What type of companies recruit at JMSB?Employer partnerships are vast and varied. You will find a diverse number of employers looking to meet students from a wide variety of business disciplines. Check the website regularly for opportunities to network with employers throughout the school year.
11. Do you have career advisors who specialize in my area of study at JMSB?Yes, CMS has both qualified Undergraduate and Graduate advisors that cater to specific business disciplines within JMSB. For a list of these advisors and their respective disciplines, click here.
12. Are there opportunities for students to work or volunteer at CMS?Yes, the Peer Advisor and Career Ambassador Programs provide amazing opportunities for active JMSB students, at both the undergraduate and graduate level, to get involved and work on developing a wide range of skills through roles that will encourage training, active involvement and participation in daily CMS services. For more information on these two programs, click here.
13. Do you offer drop-in clinics where I can ask a few questions to an advisor?Yes, students are seen on a 'first come first serve' basis. Space is limited and you will have a 15 minute time frame to meet with a CMS team member. Please keep in mind that we do not edit documentation. If you have questions about an application, your resume, a cover letter, interviewing, negotiating your job offer or any other career related question, please be prepared for your 15 minute meeting.
Please Note: If you are requesting a review of a cover letter for a specific position, we highly recommend you bring your resume and the job ad, so that we may better assist you in tailoring your application.